As volunteers are needed for specific tasks and events they will be listed below.
Of course you may contact us with your interest in volunteering with the planning and execution of our day to day operations.
DOWNLOAD THE VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM
Some of the ways you can help:
- Maintenance Crews: Help maintain the refuge through trail maintenance, non-native removal, planting.
- Special Events: If you like to throw a party, this opportunity is for you. You can help with the Wine & Star Shine or volunteer appreciation events.
- Outreach: Staff a booth, make a presentation, or even lead a field trip.
- Education: Volunteer for Educational Environment Programs like Bridges to Birding or Gone buggy. Or sign up to teach an adult education class to pass on your “nature” wisdom!
- Fundraising: (Join our committee!) Lend your creativity to fundraising events such as the Balcones Songbird Festival and SparrowFest.
- Public Relations: Help develop media relationships; develop press releases, media advisories.
contact Dub Lyon(@)friendsofbalcones.org or call 512-965-BIRD.